Gameday Recipe: Guido’s Burrito Fritto
Football season is just around the corner so I thought I would whip out some new gameday recipes. I’ll lead off with this recipe straight out the Waco’s Little Italy neighborhood. . . if Waco had a Little Italy. Guido’s Burrito Fritto is simply a chimichanga filled with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese with marina dipping sauce.
|Guido’s Burrito Fritto||
- 4 8″ flour tortillas
- 1 TBL flour
- 1 TBL water
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 32 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara
- Heat each tortilla on a griddle or in the microwave. Cover with warm moist towel until you are ready for them.
- In a small bowl combine the water and flour to make a paste.
- On the bottom third of a tortilla place two ounces of cheese and eight peperoni slices.
- Fold into burrito (step by step diagram HERE).
- With a brush, paint the seems of your burrito with the flour paste. This should seal the burrito so it does not leak.
- Freeze for at least one hour.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees for 4 minutes, turning if nessecary.
You can stuff these with any or all of your favorite pizza toppings.