New Recipe: ‘Shroom Dip
Each week as part of my duties with TheKitchenHotline.com I plan a full menu of meals that feed a family of four for an entire week. Each day’s menu feeds the family three meals plus a snack for the kiddies. These recipes need to be relatively easy to allow more quality time for the family to spend together. Another part of my charge is to come up with healthy recipes. Each week I will share one of these recipes with you. Here’s this week’s:
- 4 whole wheat hoagies
- 1 cup mushroom or vegetable broth
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, cut into 1/2” wide strip
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce mixed with 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Split the hoagies and set aside
- Brush the mushroom strips with the soy marinade, season with black pepper and saute for 5 – 7 minutes
- Place an equal amount of mushrooms into each hoagie then top with a slice and a half of Swiss cheese
- Bring the mushroom broth to a simmer adding any leftover marinade to make au jus
- Either in a toaster broiler or under the broiler of an oven melt the cheese on each sandwich.
- Serve with a side of au jus.