New Recipe: Mexican Jumping Wings
Each week as part of my duties with TheKitchenHotline.com I plan a full menu of meals that feed a family of four for an entire week. Each day’s menu feeds the family three meals plus a snack for the kiddies. These recipes need to be relatively easy to allow more quality time for the family to spend together. Another part of my charge is to come up with healthy recipes. Each week I will share one of these recipes with you. Here’s this week’s:
Mexican Jumping Wings
- 3 dozen chicken drumettes
- 1/2 cup Cholula or other Mexican hot sauce
- 1/2 cup smart margarine
- 1 cup Low Fat Ranch dressing (recipe follows)
- Crudites of carrots and celery
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the drumettes into a lightly oiled baking sheet pan and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. In a small sauce pan over low heat combine the hot sauce and margarine and keep warm until drumettes are done. Toss the drumettes in the wing sauce and serve with Ranch dressing. Can be made dairy-free by omitting the Ranch dressing. Makes two servings with each consisting of 300 calories, 14 grams fat, 5 grams of carbohydrates and 38 of protein.
Low Fat Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup organic low fat Greek or regular plain yogurt
- Juice and zest of one Key lime or half regular lime
- 1 teaspoon dried chili powder (ancho for mild, chipotle for spicy)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno, finely diced
Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse just until blended then refrigerate at least one hour.