Is Aarti Canceled Or Does She Party On?
A no-brainer. Aarti Party is easily the best Next Food Network Star series that Food Network’s most popular show has ever produced. Aarti announced her second season simply saying, “YAAAAAAAAYYYYY! I’m on for a second season!!!” Aarti’s Facebook announcement about being renewed received more than 500 “Likes” and nearly 200 comments in just 4 hours. So much for the lunatic fringe that was hoping Aarti Party was canceled.
Season 3 of Aarti Party just wrapped taping and new episodes should start airing in July of 2011. If the show keeps pulling the ratings it has been it won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. Or will it?
In fact, Aarti Party is going global. Aarti recently announced that the show is headed across the pond. From Aarti via her Facebook page, “What’s up ye olde United Kingdom? I’ve got some intensely exciting news. I’m going to be on Food Network UK starting August 1st! Tune in, what what!! (US folks, tell your UK friends about it too!)”
UPDATE: Food Network has ceased shooting new episodes of Aarti Party after just three seasons. However, Aarti’s show will live on with the Cooking Channel. Aarti is now a regular contributor on Drop 5 lbs with Good Housekeeping with fellow NFS winner Melissa D’Arabian. Aarti had this to say on her Facebook page, “Since everyone has been asking, and I don’t want to ignore you and make you think I don’t read your comments, I guess I should let you know that my show was not picked up. I found out last year but I didn’t want to make a big deal about it. I am doing tons of new stuff for FN and Cooking Channel though, and I can’t wait for you guys to see it!”
A quick review of FNS winners:
- Party Time with the Hearty Boys got six episodes then was canceled. Was brought back for 13 episodes and then canceled again.
- Guy’s Big Bite is still in production after 120 plus episodes.
- The Gourmet Next Door got six episodes then was canceled. Reportedly Food Network offered host Amy Finley 13 more episodes but she declined and moved to another country.
- Big Daddy’s House, despite atrocious ratings, was given 61 episodes before being canceled after five seasons.
- Ten Dollar Dinners has to date produced 32 episodes over three seasons. Currently filming season four. New episodes continue to air on Sundays while older episodes join the M-F daytime line-up beginning Sept. 26th. The move to the daily line-up is a strong sign that Food Network plans to make many, many more episodes of Ten Dollar Dinners.
- Aarti’s Party produced 28 episodes over three seasons. The ratings were quite good but Food Network has moved it to the Cooking Channel in re-runs only.
- The Sandwich King premiered to great reviews and a second season just started airing.