Fall Recipe: Sweet Potato Hash Browns
Here’s a unique recipe for fall that I used to run when I was the chef at Mars Hill Cafe. This was one of our most popular side dishes:
|Sweet Potato Hash Browns||
- 1 large or two small sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoon canola oil
- Shred the sweet potato with the shredding attachment of a food processor or use a box grater. Toss the sweet potatoes with corn starch and coat thoroughly.
- In a ramekin or small bowl combine the cinnamon and cayenne.
- In a large saute pan or griddle heated to 400 degrees add the canola oil. Place four equal sized mounds of hash browns and spread using the side of a spatula in a chopping motion.
- Cook until hash browns are golden brown then flip.
- Season the cooked side with cinnamon/cayenne mixture and cook just until second side is golden brown.
Each serving contains 108 calories, 1 gram of fat, 25 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of protein.