New Recipe: Chicken Potato Casserole
Each week as part of my duties with TheKitchenHotline.com I plan a full menu of meals that feed a family of four for an entire week. Each day’s menu feeds the family three meals plus a snack for the kiddies. These recipes need to be relatively easy to allow more quality time for the family to spend together. Another part of my charge is to come up with healthy recipes. Each week I will share one of these recipes with you. Here’s this week’s:
Recipe: Chicken Potato Casserole
- 1 lb Chicken breast meat, diced
- ½ cup Roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1 can Cheese soup
- ¼ cup Water, mixed with the soup
- To Taste Salt and pepper
- 3 – 4 Medium Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced – skin on
- Brown the chicken.
- Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with nonstick spray and layer half the potatoes, half the chicken, roasted peppers, half the soup, another layer of potatoes and chicken and the remaining soup.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 270 Calories, 18g Carbohydrates, 4g Fat, 16g Protein, 3g Dietary Fiber, 30mg Cholesterol, 115mg Sodium