Quick & Easy Recipe: Turkey Bean Soup
Each week as part of my duties with TheKitchenHotline.com I create recipes that combine the best elements of two popular Food Network shows, 5 Ingredient Fix and 30 Minute Meals – these recipes implore five ingredients (usually) and take 30 minutes or less (most of the time). These recipes are geared towards the busy-family-on-the-go. On occasion I will share on of these recipes here. If you want the entire group just follow the Kitchen Hotline Facebook page.
Recipe: Turkey Bean Soup
- 3 quarts water
- 2 smoked turkey legs, removed from bones
- 1 TBL chicken stock base like Better than Bouillon
- 1 large can cannellini beans
- 1 pound egg noodles
- In a large pot cover the turkey meat with the water, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the stock base, beans (with all liquid) and egg noodles.
- Simmer until noodles are tender.
- Season as necessary.
Great with Thanksgiving leftover turkey.
You can also use kidney beans or red beans or heck all three is good too!