New Recipe: Italian Nachos
Each week as part of my duties with TheKitchenHotline.com I plan a full menu of meals that feed a family of four for an entire week. Each day’s menu feeds the family three meals plus a snack for the kiddies. These recipes need to be relatively easy to allow more quality time for the family to spend together. Another part of my charge is to come up with healthy recipes. Each week I will share one of these recipes with you. Here’s this week’s:
Recipe: Italian Nachos
- 1 lb Gluten-free bowtie pasta
- 1 can No sugar added tomato sauce
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Coconut oil
- 1 TBL Basil, chiffonade
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Thoroughly dry the pasta with paper towels. Make sure all moisture is removed.
- Preheat oven to 450. In a small pot heat the coconut oil. In small batches deep fry the pasta until crunchy, roughly two minutes stirring as needed.
- On an oven safe plate layer the fried pasta, tomato sauce and cheese to resemble nachos then place in the oven. When sauce bubbles and cheese is melted it is ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh basil.