Quick & Easy Recipe: Quick Red Beans & Rice
Each week as part of my duties with TheKitchenHotline.com I create recipes that combine the best elements of two popular Food Network shows, 5 Ingredient Fix and 30 Minute Meals – these recipes implore five ingredients (usually) and take 30 minutes or less (most of the time). These recipes are geared towards the busy-family-on-the-go. On occasion I will share on of these recipes here. If you want the entire group just follow the Kitchen Hotline Facebook page.
Recipe: Quick Red Beans & Rice
- 2 cups quick cooking rice
- 1 lb. smoked turkey sausage, diced
- 1 15.5 oz can red beans
- 1 TBL Italian seasoning
- 1 TBL beef stock base like Better Than Bullion
- 1 tsp (or to taste) Cajun seasoning
- In a large pot cook the rice according to package directions – adding the stock base to the water.
- Add the can of beans (with liquid), sausage, Italian seasoning and Cajun seasoning then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Season as necessary.