Quick & Easy Recipe: Jamaican Chicken w/Black Beans & Rice
Each week as part of my duties with TheKitchenHotline.com I create recipes that combine the best elements of two popular Food Network shows, 5 Ingredient Fix and 30 Minute Meals – these recipes implore five ingredients (usually) and take 30 minutes or less (most of the time). These recipes are geared towards the busy-family-on-the-go. On occasion I will share on of these recipes here. If you want the entire group just follow the Kitchen Hotline Facebook page.
Recipe: Jamaican Chicken with Black Beans & Rice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups quick cooking white rice
- 4 TBL Jamaican jerk spice plus 1 tsp for the rice
- 2 TBL butter
- 1 can black beans, drained
- Preheat an oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper then place flat side down on the baking sheet, spaced at least an inch apart. Rub a tablespoon of jerk on top of each breast then roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting cook the rice according to package instructions adding the butter, black beans and jerk when done.
- Serve a piece of chicken on top of a serving of beans & rice.