My First Appearance on Fox’s Studio 10
It was great being on Studio 10 this morning over at Fox 10. Now check it out as I make the L.A. (Lower Alabama) Burrito for Cherish and Joe.
Here are the recipes:
Recipe: L.A. (Lower Alabama) Burrito
- 2 cups cheese grits (recipe follows)
- 8 oz country style ham, sliced thin
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ham then remove. Lower the heat to low then pour canola oil into the pan and loosen the fond with a spatula. Let the oil heat through then carefully add the black coffee to make red eye gravy.
- To make a burrito spread 1/4 cup cheese grits two inches from the bottom of the tortilla then add 2 ounces ham and 2 ounces shredded cheese. Fold the bottom two inches of the tortilla over the pile of ingredients. Fold an inch or so of each side to form an envelope then roll until no more excess tortilla is left. Place in a Panini press or indoor electric grill (like a Foreman) and cook until the tortilla is toasty and the cheese is melted. Repeat to make four burritos. Serve with red eye gravy for dunking.
Recipe: Cheese Grits
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat free milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 quick cooking grits
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4-6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat water just to a boil then add in milk.
- Bring to a simmer, stir in grits and salt. Simmer for roughly 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir just until cheese is melted and grits are tender.