Recipe: Making Foods on a Stick
I dropped by Studio 10 to offer some fun and easy summer entertaining tips by making four different foods on a stick. They are colorful, great conversation pieces and best of all no plates and silverware to wash.
|Foods on a Stick||
- 1 pack of bamboo skewers
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 bite-sized pieces of mozzarella
- 12 basil leaves
- 1 bottle spray dressing like Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bit-sized pieces
- cup Buffalo wing sauce
- cup Buffalo wing flavored corn or potato chips, crushed
- cup honey
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chinese five spice to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salad on a Stick
- Impale a cherry tomato with a skewer.
- Fold a basil leaf in half and add to the stick.
- Then add a bite of mozzarella.
- Spritz with dressing.
- Harlem Sauce
- Combine honey and chili flakes.
- Heat in a microwave for no more than 10 seconds.
- Thai Peanut Sauce
- Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil and Five Spice and set aside.
- Chicken on a Stick
- In a pan over medium-high heat cook the chicken bites until done.
- Impale each bite on a skewer.
- Dunk each bit in one of three sauces.
- For Buffalo bites sprinkle crushed chips on top.
- For Thai chicken bites sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Instead of spritzing with vinaigrette you could drizzle extra virgin olive oil.