Blueberry Breakfast Parfaits
|Blueberry Breakfast Parfaits||
- 2 dry pints Driscoll’s Blueberries, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (1/2-ounce) slices angel food cake, toasted
- 3 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 1 1/2 cups fat free Greek-style yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Set aside 1/3 cup blueberries for garnish. Combine the remaining blueberries, sugar, zest, and vanilla extract in a zip-top plastic bag. Press out air before sealing then press with hands to crush.
- Spread 1 side of each slice angel food cake with preserves. Cut into cubes and place in the bottom of 4 parfait or other tall glasses.
- Whisk together the yogurt and honey in a medium bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mixture over the cake cubes. Top each with 2 heaping tablespoons of the blueberry mixture. Spoon in the remaining yogurt mixture then top with remaining blueberry mixture. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon sliced almonds and the reserved whole blueberries. Serve immediately.
TIP: These can be made ahead. Just cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 4 hours. For best results, sprinkle with almond slices just before serving.