Milk Street Cafe Closes After Just 6 Months. Thanks, OWS.

I know there are good people who are members of the Occupy movement.  I know that they have legitimate grievances, many of which I agree with.  Unfortunately they are in an extreme minority.  I’d say they make up no more than 1% of the Occupy crowd.  The other 99% are a bunch of thugs and vagabonds.

Milk Street CafeIn June of this summer Marc Epstein opened a small business called Milk Street Cafe, a 23,000 square-foot eatery located at 40 Wall Street.  The cafe created 91 new jobs.  Then the Occupy Wall Street riots started.

You remember OWS, right?  They claimed to be crusading on behalf of equality, social justice and the rights of a fictitious 99%.  Customers have been unable to get to the cafe because of the riots therefore this Thursday Epstein is closing the doors for good at Milk Street Cafe.  There is only one group at fault for this.  It isn’t the bankers, it isn’t the government and it damned sure it isn’t Epstein’s fault.  Nope, the sole cause for this business failing was the Occupiers.  Period.  Their actions alone caused this.  No amount of rationalization can change that.

Well, this gaggle of d-bags have closed down a promising small business.  Epstein is not the CEO of a mega-billion dollar corporation like Darden Restaurants.  Darden is the parent company of such affronts to the culinary world as Olive Garden and Red Lobster.  Darden actually fits the popular idea of an evil corporation.  No Epstein is a small businessman from Boston who had a simple dream of opening a cafe in the greatest city in the world.  But now that dream has been squashed by a bunch of brats whining about free iPads.

I feel sorry for Epstein and his employees.  They did nothing to deserve this and the Occupy people feel no remorse because the only thing that matters to them is taking from others.  “Everyone has to understand the consequences of their actions,” Epstein said. “I have 90 plus people who put their faith in me. I feel horrible.”

It wasn’t your fault, Mr. Epstein.  The blame rests solely with the childish antics of elitists who think the world owes them a living.  Perhaps the city of New York shares in the blame for not quelling the riots months ago but it is hard to fault someone for wanting to avoid bloodshed.

I also feel sorry for the handful of good, well-meaning members of the Occupy movement who had their cause highjacked by a bunch of trust fund babies who are upset that they weren’t just handed a six-digit salary and three-story home in the burbs just for being born.

Follow Stuart via “the Online”
Sip & Chew with Mike and Stu

Add to Google


Stuart in 80 Words or Less
Stuart is a celebrity chef, food activist and award-winning food writer. He penned the cookbooks Third Coast Cuisine: Recipes of the Gulf of Mexico, No Sides Needed: 34 Recipes To Simplify Life and Amigeauxs - Mexican/Creole Fusion Cuisine. He hosts two Internet cooking shows "Everyday Gourmet" and "Little Grill Big Flavor." His recipes have been featured in Current, Lagniappe, Southern Tailgater, The Kitchen Hotline and on the Cooking Channel.

Stu’s Latest Kindle Single is Just $2.99
Stuart’s Honors & Awards
2015 1st Place Luck of the Irish Cook-off
2015 4th Place Downtown Cajun Cook-off
2015 2nd Place Fins' Wings & Chili Cook-off
2014 2015 4th Place LA Gumbo Cook-off
2012 Taste Award nominee for best chef (web)
2012 Finalist in the Safeway Next Chef Contest
2011 Taste Award Nominee for Little Grill Big Flavor
2011, 12 Member: Council of Media Tastemakers
2011 Judge: 29th Chef's of the Coast Cook-off
2011 Judge: Dauphin Island Wing Cook-off
2011 Cooking Channel Perfect 3 Recipe Finalist
2011 Judge: Dauphin Island Gumbo Cook-off
2011 Culinary Hall of Fame Member
2010 Tasty Awards Judge
2010 Judge: Bayou La Batre Gumbo Cook-off
2010 Gourmand World Cookbook Award Nominee
2010 Chef2Chef Top 10 Best Food Blogs
2010 Denay's Top 10 Best Food Blogs
2009 2nd Place Bay Area Food Bank Chef Challenge
2008 Tava: Discovery Contest Runner-up
Subscribe to this blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ISO 9000 Culinary Arts Certification