Bowl Game Grub: Cuban Sliders
Well football fans the post season is on us. The first week of bowls has given us a few fireworks and the intensity keeps building all the way up to the most important game of the college football season – the Peach Bowl between Virginia and my Auburn Tigers. The LSU/Alabama rematch is pretty important too. The NFL playoffs for their part are almost decided. Whether you prefer your bowl games of the Peach or the Super variety it’s time to whip up some special recipes.
- 12 dinner rolls
- 1 pound (or more I won’t judge you) Cuban pulled pork
- 6 ounces sliced smoked ham, cut to fit the dinner rolls (should make 12 servings)
- 12 pickles
- 3 slices aged Swiss cheese, quartered
- Mustard to taste
- 2-3 TBL butter, melted
- Preheat a griddle or pan to medium heat.
- Slice the dinner rolls to turn them into buns.
- On the bottom of each bun put a dab of mustard, a spoonful or so of pulled pork, ham, pickle and Swiss cheese. Put a little dab of mustard on the top of the bun and place on top of the slider.
- Paint the bottom of the griddle with some melted butter and place the sliders in the griddle and paint the tops with more melted butter. Place a large, heavy skillet on top of the sandwiches and cook for two to three minutes.
- Flip each sandwich and place the second pan back on top of them. Cook for another two to three minutes.
- To serve turn the sliders back over and brush with a little more melted butter.