Bowl Game Grub: Deep Fried Boneless Ribs
This recipe is a nice departure from the typical New Year’s Day good luck meal. It’s also great for game day because, well, fried pig! It’s also darned easy to make. I guess I would be remiss if I did not point out that boneless spare ribs are not ribs at all. It is actually a Boston butt but to resemble ribs. Just go with it.
|Deep Fried Boneless Ribs||
- 3 pounds (or so) of boneless pork spare ribs or Boston butt cut into 4 inch by 1 inch strips
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- Oil for frying
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Generously season the ribs with salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste and set to the side.
- Preheat a deep fryer (or pan with at least 1 inch of cooking oil) to 350 degrees (American).
- When the oil is ready fry the ribs in small batches for four minutes, turning as nessecary.
- Serve with hot sauce.