Valentine’s Recipe: Chicken Giardiniera
On Valentine’s night I’ll be taking over the menu of Bay City Grill in the North Mobile suburb of Satsuma for a special Valentine’s pop-up. One of the items on the menu is the flavorful Italian classic Chicken Giardiniera. Check it out.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Olive oil for suateeing
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 jar Giardiniera vegetables, drained
- 1 pound chicken tenders, fried
- Parmesan Reggiano to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat add a little oil then the tomatoes. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the skin of the tomatoes begins to blister.
- Add Giardiniera vegetables and toss until heated through. Chop and add the fried chicken tenders (may substitute with grilled chicken for a healthier dish). Toss a few more times and then plate. Grate the Parmesan Reggiano to taste and serve hot.