Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Salad
I have a confession to make – I don’t like chicken salad. In fact, I hate most chicken salad. It’s odd, too, because I like all other compound salads like egg salad (my dear mother made the best ever. EVER!), tabbouleh, tuna salad and potato salad in all it’s many incarnations. But chicken salad is at best tolerable and usually unpalatable. I especially detest those sweet chicken salads with fruit and nuts and sugar – that crap is more dessert than salad.
So I decided that since generations of cooks hadn’t done it I would just have to fix chicken salad. Here’s a chicken salad that is perfect for your next tailgate or March Madness party.
- 4 cups diced boiled chicken
- 1 stalk celery, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing
- 2 TBL Frank’s Red Hot or other cayenne-based hot sauce
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.