Super Bowl Recipe: Nachos alla Bolognese
Here’s another great recipe that is perfect for watching the big game. This is a full-fat variation of my far healthier Italian Nachos.
|Nachos alla Bolognese||
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 ounces marinara or tomato sauce
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Cooking oil
- 1 TBL sliced green olives
- Salt, pepper and Red chili flakes to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Thoroughly dry the pasta with paper towels. Make sure all moisture is removed.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large skillet season the ground beef and brown. Add the marinara and simmer for roughly 20 minutes to make Bolognese.
- In a small pot or deep fryer heat the oil. In small batches, deep fry the pasta until crunchy, roughly seven minutes stirring as needed.
- On an oven safe plate layer the fried pasta, Bolognese and cheese to resemble nachos then place in the oven. When sauce bubbles and cheese is melted it is ready to serve.
- Garnish with red chili flakes and/or olives.