Recipe: The Mint Julep Margarita
Cinco de Mayo is the little observed (in Mexico anyway) anniversary of an improbable victory by the Mexican army over that of the French which occurred on May 5th, 18-something. This particular May 5th is also the annual running of the Kentucky Derby. So the good folks over at the Cooking Channel shared with me a libation that will help you celebrate both at the same time. Dig it!
|The Mint Julep Margarita||
- 2 limes, each cut into 16 pieces
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup seltzer
- Place the limes in a cocktail shaker.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and add the mint leaves.
- Muddle well, making sure the juice is really extracted from the limes and the sugar dissolves.
- Add the bourbon and orange liqueur.
- Add a couple of ice cubes, cover and shake well. Strain.
- Can be served over ice or straight. Top with seltzer.